11 May 2015 –
SHORT+SWEET CANBERRA 2015 - FOOTPRINT THEATRE ITC ENTRIES
Footprint Theatre is entering two short plays to Canberra Short+Sweet 2015 as Independent Theatre Company entries. Now we need actors! Please read all of the following if you are interested...
AUDITIONS will be held Monday 11 MAY 7.30pm at Pambula Town Hall, 13 Quondola Street Pambula
- Short intro to the plays by the writers/directors from 7.30 and a brief warmup as a group.
- Actors will be given a short piece from the play(s) to read for at least 10 minutes, before auditioning solo or in pairs.
- You can choose to perform a short (no more than about 1 minute) pre-prepared monologue as an audition piece if you wish.
- Be prepared to speak about your experience, your availability for rehearsals and why you want to be a part of this project.
- We'll try hard to advise all actors by email or phone within 1 week whether they have been successful - you may be called back to read again if shortlisted.
- You'll definitely know if you've been selected by the last week in May.
- You'll know if your play(s) have been accepted by the festival by 8 June.
- Even if the plays are not selected for the festival, there'll still be an opportunity to perform them locally later in the year.
- We're looking for: 2 stage actors (1 to 2 x 20-40s male, 1 older male), plus up to 4 voiceover actors (male or female) and 2 female stage actors 40s +.
- You must be over 18 as at 1 June 2015 to meet festival requirements.
If you're outside the age range but still want to audition for the experience, we're happy for that to happen.
- Stage actors MUST be available to be in Canberra during the festival 3 to 15 August 2015. You'll need to be available for up to 6 of those dates: 1-2 full days tech/dress rehearsals plus up to 4 performances. Exact dates will only be known after the festival schedule is released on June 8 - we have no control over this. If your play successfully reaches the Gala Final (here's hoping!), you'll also need to be available on Saturday 15 August (all day/night).
- Voiceover actors will be prerecorded and won't need to attend the festival, but will receive program recognition.
- This NOT a paid acting job. Petrol costs or shared transport will be available for stage actors. Footprint Theatre receives no income from this festival, so we'd prefer if you could stay with friends or relatives in Canberra if possible, but let us know if you would need accommodation help, we may be able to arrange something.
- Rehearsal times are by arrangement with the director and other actors in Merimbula/Pambula, but probably Monday/Wednesday.
Expect up to 20 hours rehearsal time depending on the size of your role (small or voiceover roles much less).
- Standards are high at the Canberra festival and it's a privilege to be invited to perform there. Many winners at the Canberra festival have gone on to win at the Sydney festival. It is an exciting opportunity which requires reliability and commitment. You'll be expected to learn your lines early in the rehearsal period in your own time, to enable you to devote rehearsals to working with the director and other actors to give the best performance possible. During the festival you'll be slotted in with 9 other plays for rehearsals and performances, so you must be there on time, prepared and ready to go - timing is critical.More details about the festival here: http://www.shortandsweet.org/festivals/shortsweet-theatre-canberra
(Note: you do NOT need to enter the festival independently as an actor - Footprint will enter you as part of its ITC entry)
ENTRY DETAILS REQUIRED FOR SHORT+SWEET
Express your interest now by emailing email@example.com
The following details will be required for submission of entries to Short+Sweet:
- First name+ Surname
- Gender+ Age (as at 1 June 2015)
- Email, Phone + Mobile
- Town/Suburb of Residence
- I will need help with transport to Canberra Y/N
- I will need help with accommodationin Canberra Y/N
- Have you participated in a Short+Sweet festival before? Y/N - if yes, state year and production.
- Preferred rehearsal days and times
- You agree to be photographed/filmed/recorded by Footprint Theatre or Short+Sweet during rehearsals and performances and for images, audio and video to be used to promote the festival in multimedia forms as well as form part of the festival archive. Y/N
- You agree that you will not receive any other remuneration from Short+Sweet Canberra in relation to this event (apart from possible travel costs negotiated with Footprint Theatre Inc). Y/N
- Bring or attach your Acting CV as well as a good quality recent colour headshot photo file (at least 900x900 pixels 300dpi resolution in .jpg, .png or .pdf format)
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.