Our Annual General Meeting and our final end of year social gathering for 2018 will be held at:
6.00pm for 6.30pm on Wednesday 28 November 2018
389 Mount Darragh Road, Lochiel NSW 2549 > map
Tel 6495 7160
Please RSVP for catering purposes – if you need directions, please email us
BYO something to drink and a plate of food to share
A big thank you to outgoing committee members Jonathan Bignell and Lis Shelley. Under our constitution, a person cannot be in the same position for more than 2 years and cannot be on the committee for more than 4 years in a row. This is to give all members a chance to take on a committee position and give existing committee members a rest now and then. Jon and Lis are unable to be renominated for election this year as they have been on committee for 4 years in a row.
Unless other members step up to fill committee positions however, our group may be in danger of ceasing to exist.
Please consider joining our committee and having a say in the future direction of Footprint Theatre. Voting, nominating and committee members must be current full financial members of Footprint Theatre. The Treasurer position must be held by a member who is over the age of 18. Meetings are generally held once a quarter unless the committee wishes to meet more frequently. A quorum for the AGM constitutes 5 members.
- Rules of the Organisation
- PDF Membership Form (or click here to join online)
- Committee Nomination Form
- Proxy Voting Form
All Committee positions are open for nomination/election:
- President – chairs meetings
- Vice President – chairs meetings in absence of President
- Secretary – manages (e)mail and minutes, online banking signatory
- Treasurer – maintains bank and financial statements, reports to committee on finances, manages invoices, online banking signatory
- Ordinary Member – attends committee meetings and represents other members
The above is a summary only – full details can be found in the Rules of the Organisation
Other tasks that may be undertaken by committee members or delegated by committee to other members include: reading scripts, selecting productions, hiring venues, running auditions, representing Footprint Theatre at community events, writing grant applications, supporting other artists for grant applications, running workshops, hiring out Footprint Theatre equipment, marketing etc
The position of Public Officer is not a committee position, but is necessary as the official contact for the group for the purposes of NSW Office of Fair Trading returns. The person holding the role of Public Officer needs to be confirmed at the AGM each year.
AGENDA FOR AGM 2018
- Reading and confirmation of Previous Minutes (AGM 2017)
- Presentation of 2018 Financial Statement
- Report on the activities of the organisation during the last financial year
- Nomination of Returning Officer – All committee positions declared vacant
- Election of Committee Members: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Ordinary Member
- Confirmation of Public Officer role
In the event that a quorum is not met, or when less than 3 committee positions are filled, the meeting will be adjourned and must be re-held within 1 week.