21 January &
4 February 2017
Always wanted to direct? Not sure how to start?
Come and learn some tricks of the trade in a fun and supportive environment. You’ll be offered a selection of short plays to choose from and take the play from the preparation stage to a rehearsed reading with actors in front of a small audience over the course of the workshop series. Successful participants may be invited to direct a short play for performance in March/April 2017 with Footprint Theatre, or be selected for Footprint Theatre’s official entry to Short+Sweet Canberra 2017.
Tutor: Lis Shelley (Co-founder Footprint Theatre, Director StageFlight Drama School, Director/Writer for Short+Sweet Canberra Festivals)
Venue: MERIMBULA – at the Bega Valley Regional Learning Centre (formerly Auswide, Cabarita Place behind Lakeview Hotel)
- Part 1: 10am – 4pm Sat 21 January 2017 ‘Prepare to Direct’ – workshop with practical exercises and tips for your ‘Director’s Toolkit’
- Part 2: By appointment – Individual Feedback – 1 hour session with workshop tutor in person, by phone or Skype
- Part 3: 10am – 4pm Sat 4 February 2017 – ‘In Rehearsal’ – direct a mentored rehearsed reading of a short play with actors
- Part 4: 5pm Sat 4 February – Rehearsed Reading Performance – watch your play come alive on stage – invite your friends and family along to watch!
- Suitable For: Anyone aged 16 years and over with an interest in directing theatre.
- Bring a friend – minimum of 6 participants required. Limited to 12 participants.
- Actors needed for Sat 4 Feb to work with directors – no charge for actors to participate.
- Includes preparation, script and character analysis, practical exercises, casting, working with actors/designers/crew, hands-on mentored exercises, preparing & directing a short play for a rehearsed reading performance at the end of the final workshop.
- Morning and afternoon tea provided. BYO lunch or visit local cafe
GREAT VALUE !
Directing Workshop costs $100 for 11 hours of tuition OR
$50 for Footprint Theatre members – Join Footprint Theatre now
Can you put up a flyer? Download flyer here
Learn how to take your play from Script to Stage!
Scenes below from The Waiting Room written & directed by Graham Brown
with Michael Ubrihien, Jon Bignell and Kerry Hynes
Footprint Theatre’s entry in Short+Sweet Play Festival Canberra 2015
Photos by Lis Shelley and Kelly McGannon